Cast news

At the Shotglass we like to keep up with what our favourite Losties are getting up to. Interviews with cast members about Lost or other side projects will be posted as and when they are released.

If you have a story for the page, or just want more stories featured on a certain cast member, email
  • Toni
  • or
  • Niki

  • Saturday, March 1, 2008

    Sky Magazine Interview with Josh Holloway

    So, Josh,it's been a pretty amazing season so far...

    I love season four! I think it's one of the best yet as they've added the new dimension of the flashforward. And the story is definitely moving forward. I think now they have an end date for the series, the writers are really focused on the story.

    Talking of writers, how has the strike affected the show?
    It's definitely been a problem. These eight episodes were originally only part of the fourth season. That's all we had filmed before the strike started, so it's like starting a good book, getting into it, and then having it ripped out of your hands!

    So, what's in store for the finale?
    C'mon - you know I can't tell you that! All I'll say is, it's going to have you on the edge of your seat.

    How has your character Sawyer changed over the fourth series?
    He's changed a lot. I think it's having to deal with caring for someone other than himself - Kate I mean. He's spent so much of his life being a con man, and his defence has been not giving a damn about people. I just hope Sawyer wont turn into a sap and lose his edge.

    You're a bit of a sex symbol now. How does that feel?
    It's really amusing. My wife Yessica and I laugh about it. If I was in my 20's, I'd enjoy it more, but I just feel like me - kinda goofy. But if people think I'm a sex symbol, then it's cool. I try not to disappoint.

    So you like wearing Sawyer's designer stubble?
    I used to hate facial hair, but I've grown used to it. I feel a little naked without it now - it's odd! And as long as my wife still kisses me with it, then that's fine.

    Is it true you answer all your own fan mail?
    Yeah - I'm always behind. It takes a long time. It's kind of therapeutic and people are just so nice. You can't help but feel good about your work when people say they enjoy it. I get letters everyday from everybody from eight year old girls to 50 year old men. Everybody kind of likes my character and I don't get it, because he's not what I would call a nice guy.

    What would you be doing if you weren't an actor?
    I would probably be a contractor. I grew up in the counrty, building houses - I love being outside and creating stuff.

    What do you do to relax?
    I do a lot of extreme sports - I love snowboarding. Playing guitar, basketball, soccer. And fishing, I love to fish. I've got a boat in Hawaii. I went to another island caught some fish, anchored in a bay, cooked the fish and camped out. It was great!

    Ever got 'Lost' on your boat?
    No I haven't. Thanks God for GPS! But it does get rough out there. Hawaii is not like the Caribbean. I've been in waves twice the size of my boat, so it's scary!

    Don't the producers stop you doing dangerous stuff like that?
    They wont let me go dirt biking anymore. I've done it for years. As soon as the show's over, a dirt bike is the first thing I'm buying.

    Source: Sky Mag

    No comments: