Cast news

At the Shotglass we like to keep up with what our favourite Losties are getting up to. Interviews with cast members about Lost or other side projects will be posted as and when they are released.

If you have a story for the page, or just want more stories featured on a certain cast member, email
  • Toni
  • or
  • Niki

  • Wednesday, March 5, 2008

    Sex Pistol Steve Jones inspired Naveen to get Clean

    It wasn’t a stint in rehab or finding religion that convinced “Lost” hunk Naveen Andrews to kick his alcohol and drug addictions. Instead it was a guy who embodied the “sex, drugs, and rock’n’ roll” culture, Sex Pistols rocker Steve Jones, who inspired Andrews to sober up, the actor told TV Guide magazine.

    Ten years ago, at the age of 29, Andrews said he attended a dinner party in La-La hosted by Jones. Struck by his friend’s abstinence from the soiree’s more mind altering party favors, Andrews - who admitted he “just loved alochol and drugs” at the time - confronted the rocker.

    “I couldn’t really understand it, and I asked him about it,” said Andrews - who plays former Iraqi Republican Guard solider Sayid Jarrah in the ABC drama. “I think that’s when the lightbulb went on. I thought, ‘He’s sober. If he can do it, then maybe I have a chance.’ ”

    The British-born Andrews - whose parents emigrated from India - added he’s been clean for five years now and credits his sobriety for his relationship with his teenage son.

    His son, BTW, is the result of his high school love affair with his math teacher.

    “If (my son) had to grow up in these crucial teenage years with me being out of it, I don’t know if we’d have a relationship to be honest,” the 39-year-old actor said. “As a parent, I’m present, which I wasn’t when he was younger.”

    TV Guide hits newsstands today, and an all-new “Lost” airs tonight at 9 on Channel 5.


    Source: Bostonherald.com

    No comments: