Cast news

At the Shotglass we like to keep up with what our favourite Losties are getting up to. Interviews with cast members about Lost or other side projects will be posted as and when they are released.

If you have a story for the page, or just want more stories featured on a certain cast member, email
  • Toni
  • or
  • Niki

  • Wednesday, April 23, 2008

    Fans won't let FOXY forget his party days

    LOS ANGELES -- Before the Oceanic Six, there was a Party of Five.

    It's something Matthew Fox gets reminded of "a surprising amount" by fans of that mid-1990s drama, in which he portrayed the eldest sibling of five orphans.

    "What's cool about it to me is that they want to let me know they've been fans of mine for a long time -- 'I'm not one of the new fans, from the movies or Lost. I believed in you from the very, very early stages.' "

    Still, he acknowledges the series, which co-starred Scott Wolf, Neve Campbell and Jennifer Love Hewitt, was "not necessarily something I would watch ... According to what I like tonally, it was a little soft. And I was playing a character who was pretty soft, and, in some respect, the version of a man that a woman would tell you that they want."


    Following Party of Five's cancellation, Fox spent "two years where I wanted to let everyone forget about it."

    He eventually headlined the darker but short-lived supernatural series Haunted.

    "It was really satisfying because it was what I wanted to do. But I was also a little stunned how fickle the business was because while it got a good response from critics, commercially it was a failure and the industry was a fickle bitch to me.

    "So I thought, 'That's interesting, how quickly that goes.' So from there I went on looking for the next thing which was Lost."

    Source: www.edmontonsun.com

    No comments: