Cast news

At the Shotglass we like to keep up with what our favourite Losties are getting up to. Interviews with cast members about Lost or other side projects will be posted as and when they are released.

If you have a story for the page, or just want more stories featured on a certain cast member, email
  • Toni
  • or
  • Niki

  • Sunday, June 1, 2008

    Ten Things You Never Knew About Josh Holloway

    As conniving con artist James "Sawyer" Ford on Lost, avoiding The Others, wrestling with boars and scrapping over a girl is all in a day's work for Josh Holloway. And not before time - the actor was stranded in a wilderness of failed pilots and little-seen indie films for eight years before landing his big break at the age of 36. But is the island's hellraiser actually a bit of a softie in real life? As we buckle up for what promises to be a bloody fourth season finale on Sunday, we find out more about Lost's resident bad boy.

    1. Josh and his four siblings grew up with their parents in Georgia's Blue Ridge Mountains, where they lived in a trailer equipped with "eight dogs, two horses, cats, a cow, and a chicken".

    2. What did little Josh want to be when he grew up? Erm... everything. He says: "I wanted to be a pilot. I wanted to be a secret agent. I wanted to be a fireman and a doctor..." We're sure a TV star wouldn't be too far down the list.

    3. Josh's first job was shovelling chicken carcasses.

    4. Josh worked as a male model before turning to acting and admits to taking part in some pretty odd photoshoots in his day. He recalls: "[I worked on] a pyjama campaign. The pyjamas had different animal prints and our hair was styled to look like the animal. I ended up with a cow print hairdo with little horns. It only appeared in Europe, luckily, so my friends didn’t see it."

    5. Josh made his TV debut as 'Good Looking Guy' in Buffy spinoff Angel in 1999. Unfortunately his vampire character was dispatched by the hero in the opening minutes of the very first episode.

    6. Josh has a soft spot for actress Jessica Alba, but is not averse to more veteran stars. He confesses: "I've fantasised about Barbra Streisand and I saw Sophia Loren at a restaurant a couple of years ago and I thought, ‘Wow, I’d still go there'."

    7. Josh admits that there's a bit of Sawyer's dark side in him - just a bit, mind. "There's definitely an intense anger that I have inside, and I don't know where it came from," he says. "I've had it all my life. My mom was always like, 'You're going to end up in jail with that temper!' Now I use that to help me."

    8. Josh met his Indonesian wife Yessica at a bar when he hit on her friend. "Right when I stuck my foot in my mouth and said something stupid I got tapped on my shoulder and there behind me was this beautiful little package with a martini in her hand," he remembers. "She looked me up and down and said: 'Give me your number before you leave.'" The couple were married in 2004.

    9. Josh was working on a new TV show called My Roommate's A Big Fat Slut (yes, really!) when Yessica called to report that a fax about a new series called Lost had arrived. He auditioned the next day and the rest is history.

    10. He may be happily married, but that doesn't stop Josh thinking about the opposite sex. He tells us: "If I were single, I’d have one girl doing my laundry, one shaving me, one bringing me a cocktail and another one coming out of my tent all hungover." Form an orderly queue, ladies!

    Source: digitalspy.co.uk

    No comments: